Friday, June 15, 2007

HookaH-HookaH’s new flavor lock packaging ROCKS!

As the hookah culture gains popularity here in the U.S, I can’t help but notice how much the industry has progressed over the past five years. Take one look at the new HookaH-HookaH flavor lock packaging and reflect back on your first hookah experience. If it was anything like mine, you were probably smoking a traditional Middle Eastern hookah, and some sort of molasses that was wrapped in wax paper, and stuffed into a cardboard box. Sound familiar?

Don’t worry fellow hookah lovers, those days are over. Thanks to our friendly neighborhood shisha manufacturers, HookaH-HookaH Tobacco, we can now enjoy the advantages of modernized packaging in a traditional industry. Gone are the days of checking the mail only to find your charcoal, accessories, and shisha completely covered in a sticky red mess. New HookaH-HookaH flavor lock packaging not only looks cool, but is also reusable (let’s not forget those three important words “reduce, reuse, recycle”) and possesses an industry first, the tamper evident seal! Now you can enjoy all of HookaH-HookaH's 35 flavors in durable, compact packaging that provides you with the comfort of a fresh, sealed product.

From the moment that I first heard of this modern shisha phenomenon, I knew I had to try it. Fortunately I live in close proximity to a registered HookaH-HookaH retailer so it was not difficult to get my hands on a beautiful new 500g Carton of my most favorite and delicious Acai Berry. That is when I noticed that not only were the individual 50g jars redesigned, but the overall carton design has changed. No more of that excess plastic use. (Global Warming) The new design is made entirely from recycled cardboard and looks much better than its plastic counterpart. Once I had purchased the carton I inspected one of the individual jars, finding it to be refreshingly different. Then I peeled back the foil seal and was hit with a rush of sensation towards my nostrils. The shisha inside was moist, flavorful, and fresh.

The shisha market has lacked a packaging standard from day one. I think that this new “flavor lock” is the way to go. The ease and cleanliness of these new products is enough of an improvement. Couple that with the advantages of the foil seal and I think that the only thing these guys forgot is the “born-on-date” and I’m sure that is not far away.